It’s that time of year when we show our love and care, so let’s take a moment to help the animals that need it the most this holiday season.
The Bissell Pet Foundation is hosting a pet adoption event called “Empty the Shelters—Holiday Hope” till December 20. During the Empty the Shelters event, anyone can save a life by adopting or fostering a pet from one of the nearly 200 participating shelters in 40 states.
During this statewide event, BISSELL Pet Foundation will offer discounted adoption fees of $25 or less per dog or cat.
The following items are included in all Animal Care adoptions:
- Spay or neuter
- Microchip and Registration
- PetHub ID tag
- Flea Treatment
- Heartworm Test (for dogs)
- Heartworm Treatment for HW+ dogs
- Feline Leukemia/FIV Test (for cats)
To adopt, you’ll need the following:
- Picture ID with your current address. For example, a Driver’s License or State ID.
- Proof of age (you must be 18 or older to adopt a pet from Animal Care)
- Proper form of payment (cash, credit/debit card, money order). Checks are accepted with a current Driver’s License.
- A carrier for your adopted kitty or a leash and collar for your adopted dog. Don’t have these items? Don’t worry – we will have these and many more wonderful items for your new pet available for purchase in our Pet Retail Store.
- Proof of military service, if applicable. (Veterans adopt for free!)
“Shelters are overcrowded and in desperate need of support due to slowed adoption rates and increased length of stay for pets,” said Cathy Bissell, founder of the BISSELL Pet Foundation.
If you are interested in adopting a pet and want to know more about the adoption process, visit greenvillecounty.org/ACS/adopt.aspx.