The City of Greenville reminds its residents that if yard waste isn’t collected on its regular trash/recycling pickup day, it will be collected the following day.
The City will collect leaves, grass clippings, and tree limbs/branches that are no more than six feet long and six inches in diameter.
Materials must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. and follow the guidelines below:
- Rake leaves into a loose pile at the curb (no bagging)
- Keep leaf pile separate from tree limbs/branches
- Remove rocks, litter, and other debris from leaves
- Make sure piles are at least 3 feet from each other and from other obstacles
- Keep piles of leaves and grass clippings at least a foot from the curb to prevent them from being swept into the storm drain
- Remove vehicles from the street to ensure trucks can access yard waste piles
Additionally, pumpkins shouldn’t be placed at the curb with the yard waste. Instead, compost or dispose of them in your trash container.
For more information visit https://greenvillesc.gov/305/Yard-Waste-Leaves.