As the Christmas holiday season draws nearer, registration for the annual Travelers’ Rest Christmas parade has begun.
Sponsored by the Greater Travelers’ Rest Chamber of Commerce. The City invites you to join them as they celebrate “Christmas in America” on December 11, 2021, at 10:30 a.m.
The parade registration fee is $30 per entry ($15 for animals, $50 for vendors; additional entry fees may apply). The registration is open to participating businesses, civic organizations, churches, animals, motorcycles, schools, and individuals. To register, please click here.
The following are the guidelines for the event:
- Parade begins promptly at 10:30. Only entry vehicles will have access to the staging area on Plaza Dr.
- You will receive an email with your parade day staging arrival time and “line-up number” placard pickup day.
- All vehicle drives must be licensed under SC law and operated to ensure the safety of participants, spectators, and property.
- Decorations, costumes, and behavior shall be in good taste and according to the theme.
- No flyers or business cards may be distributed during the parade.
- Dignitaries and pageant winners must provide their own vehicles.
- No candidate running for office may enter the parade with political placards or advertising. May enter as a private citizen.
- Recently elected officials may ride as “office-elect” but are not dignitaries until in office.
- There will only be ONE Santa in the parade.
- Violators will be directed to leave the parade and float assessed as unsuitable for size, safety, structural integrity, or appropriateness of content subject to removal at staff’s discretion.
- Please check your email and parade Facebook page frequently for updates and instructions.
For the complete rules, guidelines, and waiver, please click here.
This year’s parade route will be reversed, with the lineup and staging taking place in front of George Coleman Ford and the Bank of Travelers Rest’s main branch.
The Christmas parade proceeds will benefit two local charities: North Greenville Crisis Ministry and Foothills Family Resources.
Visit the parade’s Facebook page to stay updated with even more information.