Prisma Health – Upstate has recently launched The Mobile Mammography Program.
The Mobile Mammography aims to serve women in the entire Upstate area to provide early breast cancer detection.
The mobile clinic will travel to any Upstate companies and neighborhoods to help save lives with its state-of-the-art digital mammography screening services. The clinic will include highly skilled and dedicated mammography technologists and mobile health technicians.
Each mammogram typically takes about 15-30 minutes. Walk-ins are not accepted, and any mammograms provided to patients on the mobile clinic will be billed to the patient’s insurance.
Potential partner locations must meet at least the following guidelines to host mobile mammography event:
- Minimum of 15 eligible patients are scheduled for mammogram service at least 10 days prior to scheduled visit. If the minimum requirement is not met by the deadline, the mobile visit will be subject to cancellation.
- Designated contact onsite (Site Coordinator) to assist Prisma Health with screening logistics
- Schedule visit with Prisma Health at least 3 months before desired date
- Parking location must be a flat paved area to accommodate the Mobile Mammography Clinic dimensions (42-foot length, 14-foot height, 9-foot width) equivalent to 10-12 parking spaces.
- Sharp turns in narrow areas cannot be made.
- Parking site should not have low tree branches or power lines.
- Parking location must be in close proximity to available restroom facilities
Eligibility guidelines to consider for screening mammography:
- At least 35 years of age
- Not currently breastfeeding (6 months post breastfeeding)
- Not currently pregnant and no possibility of being pregnant
- At least 1 year since last mammogram
- Patients with unilateral mastectomy or benign lumpectomy and are 5 years cancer free
- No breast difficulties such as distinct lumps, nipple discharge, redness, or enlarged breasts.
- Are able to maneuver the clinic stairs and stand for 10-15 minutes without assistance
For more detailed information about the Mobile Mammography Program, you can visit their website here.