Prisma Health announced that starting today they will shift its community testing hours to 8 a.m to noon this week in anticipation of summer heat to make it comfortable for both patients and staff members.
The drive-thru COVID-19 testing is done in partnership with the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and state agencies. Its goal is to reach populations who may not otherwise have access to traditional or online virtual visits, especially to communities that need it the most. Walk-up testing is also offered.
Community screenings for COVID-19 are at the following locations this week:
Tuesday, June 23, Duncan
- 8 a.m. – noon, Duncan Elementary School, 100 S. Danzler Road, Duncan
Thursday, June 25, Greenville
- 8 a.m. – noon, Tanglewood Middle School, 44 Merriwoods Drive, Greenville
Saturday, June 27, Piedmont
- 8 a.m. – noon, Woodmont Middle School, 325 N. Flat Rock Road, Piedmont
Tuesday, June 23, Winnsboro
- 8 a.m. – noon, Fairfield Middle School, 728 U.S. Hwy. 321, Winnsboro
Thursday, June 25, Swansea
- 8 a.m. – noon, Swansea High School, 500 1st St., Swansea
Saturday, June 27, Columbia
- 8 a.m. – noon, Eau Claire High School, 4800 Monticello Road, Columbia
The test results should come back within four days and everyone tested will receive follow-up information about test results whether positive or negative from providers at Prisma Health.
For information on additional testing sites offered throughout the state, click here.