Prisma Health is now offering on-site assistance to those people who are having difficulty with their online COVID-19 vaccine registration.
Walk-in appointments are now available to people age 70+ who do not have access to computers or smartphones and then the vaccination at every Prisma Health site except Richland Hospital in Columbia.
“We are extremely pleased in the interest in our community for individuals age 70+ in the COVID-19 vaccinations,” said Dr. Saria Saccocio, chief ambulatory medical officer for Prisma Health and co-chair of its COVID-19 Task Force. “We continue to fine-tune our processes to accommodate as many of our senior citizens who need assistance in scheduling their vaccine appointments, as well as those with confirmed appointments.”
The scheduling assistance at Prisma Health vaccination sites is on a first-come-first-served basis and scheduled appointments will take priority.
The email appointment using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS) is still the fastest way through the vaccination site since you can just simply walk in for your scheduled time at any area site of your choice (not limited to Prisma Health).
Prisma Health has two large-scale COVID-19 vaccination sites, which currently only administer Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine:
Prisma Health Vaccination Site in Greenville, SC
- 1 Kmart Plaza, Greenville, SC 29605 (near Greenville Memorial Hospital).
- The vaccination site, located inside the former Kmart building, is open Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- This vaccine site is for appointments confirmed through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
- Limited assistance and vaccine slots for individuals 70+ without computer and/or without smartphone access; requires waiting in line.
Prisma Health Drive-Thru Vaccination Site in Columbia, SC
- 22 National Guard Road, Columbia, SC 29201 (Gamecock Park near UofSC Williams Brice Stadium)
- The drive-thru vaccination site is open Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- This vaccine site is for appointments through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
- Limited assistance and vaccine slots for individuals 70+ without computer and/or smartphone access; requires waiting in drive-thru line.
Eligible individuals (Phase 1A or age 70+) can register at www.PrismaHealth.org/Vaccine or call 833-2PRISMA (833-277-4762) for assistance.
The full list of those who are vaccine eligible is on this link.