The Greenville County Library System announced that students can now utilize tutoring from libraries seven days a week. Parents struggling with teaching their children at home can use this service. Students do not need a library card to access these tutoring services provided through the SC State Library.
The South Carolina State Library has temporarily added Tutor.com to Discus until June 30, 2020, to aid students due to school closings related to the COVID-19.
K-12 students have access to live tutoring using tutor.com with real-time tutoring from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST Sunday – Saturday. The K-12 Student Center includes Live Homework Help, WriteTutor Center, Test Prep Center, and a SkillsCenter Resource Library.
Tutors are available in the following subjects, no appointment required.
- Reading assistance for grades K-7 and grades 8-12 including genres, main idea, points of view, and text structures
- Math assistance and drop-off for Algebra I & II, Pre-calculus and Calculus, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Statistics
- Science assistance in biology, chemistry, earth science, and physics
- Writing tutors
- Computer literacy for Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- English assistance including grammar, literature, and vocabulary
- ESL and ELL for grades K-7 and grades 8-12
- Social studies – U.S. History, European History, World History, and Civics
- World languages – French, German, Spanish, and Italian
- SAT, PSAT, and ACT Test Prep
- AP Test Prep
Students can get live help and use all resources with a guest session or they may save documents, replay tutoring sessions, and keep a list of favorite tutors by creating a Tutor.com account. Tutor.com is also available on the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices for easy access anywhere.