The Converse College in Spartanburg made an announcement on Thursday that they are planning to resume in-person operations in the fall.
Students, faculty, and staff will be attending classes and fulfilling their job responsibilities at the Spartanburg and University Center of Greenville campuses beginning in Fall 2021.
As public health conditions allow, classrooms are also returning to regular capacity.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as the in-person operation resumes, students, faculty, and staff shall continue to follow safety guidelines and protocols throughout the Fall 2021 term.
The following are the safety guidelines and protocols:
- Use of face coverings in classrooms and public areas;
- Reconfiguring seating arrangements and occupancy to promote physical distancing;
- Placing signage to reinforce physical distancing measures and line management in high-traffic areas;
- Redesigning how meals are provided and seating arrangements in the dining hall;
- Installing safety shields to separate individuals in customer service areas;
- Frequently wiping down high-touch surfaces like keyboards, door handles, and desks with a hospital-grade disinfectant listed as an EPA-approved product for killing the COVID-19 virus;
- Misting rooms on a regular basis with hospital-grade disinfectant;
- Placing hand sanitizer stations across campus;
- Health screenings through a daily symptom checklist questionnaire;
- Weekly COVID-19 testing; and
- Providing assistance and accommodations for those who are immunocompromised.